V.A.C. Academy Programs
Since its launch in 2007, KCI Ireland’s V.A.C. Academy program has provided Clinical best practice and evidence based training for over 500 Hospital and Community Healthcare Professionals on the utilisation of V.A.C. Therapy...
Since its launch in 2007, KCI Ireland’s V.A.C. Academy program has provided Clinical best practice and evidence based training for over 500 Hospital and Community Healthcare Professionals on the utilisation of V.A.C. Therapy as an advanced Negative Pressure Therapy system for the management of Acute, Sub Acute and Chronic wounds in all care settings.
Delegates will achieve a clear understanding of the published science and evidence for V.A.C. Therapy in the clinical setting for a wide spectrum of wounds suitable to the Acute and the community sector. Delegates will also gain hands-on training of the appropriate clinical application of V.A.C. Therapy dressings, unit operation and accessories appropriate to their role.
- Evidence for the mechanism of action of V.A.C. Therapy – the Science of V.A.C. Therapy
- Wound care planning with V.A.C. Therapy
- Application of V.A.C. Therapy
- V.A.C. Therapy dressing technologies & unit operation
- Dressing options for all wound types
- Appropriate dressing technique
- Dressing wounds of various anatomical locations, sizes and complexities
- Initiating therapy and Therapy cessation
- Clinical and Operational Benefits with V.A.C. Therapy
- Macrostrain & Microstrain
- Quality of Life data
- Case Report review: Leg Ulcers, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Grafts, Pressure Ulcers, Dehisced surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, pilonidal sinus
- Cost-effectiveness studies
- Key Outcomes regarding the role of V.A.C. Therapy in the wound healing process
To organise a V.A.C. Academy Program in your Hospital or Community Centre, or for a bespoke training program to be developed by KCI to suit your specific Wound Management needs, Please contact KCI Medical Ireland on FREEPHONE 1800 33 33 77 or email us at info-Ireland@kci-medical.com